[UEB] Question about Symbol defined as "Horizontal Line Mode Indicator" - dots 5, 25

Peg Mercer pmercer51 at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 12 00:35:16 EDT 2020

Hi, Everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving! ☺

I’m proofing a book where a 6-cell separation line (dots 5, 25, 25, 25, 25, 25) is used before some journal entries where they haven’t entered a date. It is centred on the braille line. I have a couple of questions:

1.	Should this separation line be preceded and/or followed by a blank line? It hasn’t been in this book.
2.	On the symbols page, would the six cells of the indicator be shown or just the two cells (dots 5, 25)?
3.	It’s been defined as “Horizontal Line Mode Indicator”. Is that what this symbol is called?
4.	Can any of you please enlighten me as to where it is listed – in UEB or Braille Formats.

Many thanks.

Peg

604-736-5049 (home)

604-218-3678 (cell)