[UEB] Typeforms extending across same text elements

Jennifer Jesso jen.jesso at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 00:12:54 EST 2021

Hi everyone,

I would like to clarify my understanding of section 9.9.1 in the Rules of
UEB. This seems rather basic, but I began to think about it and have now
over-thought the issue to the point of thoroughly confusing myself.

My understanding of this section is that it only applies if the
consecutive paragraphs are written entirely in a particular typeform. So it
would not apply if one paragraph happened to end with a typeform passage
and the next paragraph happened to start with another typeform passage of
the same type. Nor would it apply even if the first paragraph were entirely
in a particular typeform and the next paragraph began with a typeform
passage of the same type if the second paragraph continued on after the
typeform passage ended. Only if both paragraphs were in the same typeform
in their entirety would 9.9.1 apply.

Any confirmation that my understanding is correct, or clarification that I
am indeed confused, would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jen